Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ashley is Facebook-fasting.

Somehow I shook on that. It all happened so fast. I was at the beach with my TBFFs (Temporary Best Friends Forever, because they're these 2 awesome girls that are in LA on a tiny internship) and next thing I know they're telling me I should go on a Facebook-fast for one week and then all of a sudden, and yet in slow-motion, I'm shaking on it.

And now here I am. On my blog. Abusing my time which is exactly what I was to get off of Facebook for. But I gotta talk about stuff!

1. On my way back to my car from their apartment tonight- I TOTALLY BIFFED IT ON THE SIDEWALK!! I was looking at my phone and basically next thing I know I'm horizontal and have violently bumped a few parts of my body to the ground. Ouch! I must have kicked the chunk of ghetto cement jutting from the sidewalk pretty hard because I limped away from it and I'm currently icing my swollen big toe with some frozen peas-in-a-pod. Oowwww. Dang it! No exercise for who-knows-how-long >:( Never mind that just walking to work from our remote parking lot is going to be a total awkward chore now.

2. NEW NEPHEW WAS BORN TODAY! Oh I mean yesterday- Sunday night. The latter fact which I didn't find out until this evening. All I knew was that I received pictures of this nameless child around 9:30 this (Monday) morning and many hours later, his name was divulged to us and the fact that he'd been born YESTERDAY! Ha. Well news travels slow apparently, in a family of 11+. Oh, his name is Ethan Elliot. He's Jesse and Kelli's 3rd child and 2nd boy. He's one of 4 grandkids born in August. Many Augusts through the years. Not this August. That would be crazy if 4 babies were born into my family in the same exact month.

3. My brain (aka psyche) isn't doing that well lately. I was doing well for a while and then I think I took too much advantage of it by having too much fun and not sleeping enough or doing the little things on my regimen. So I gotta start climbin' back up again. Doing this blog entry right now is not helping. And besides, I was feeling sick today and I went to that party at the TBFFs place against my better judgement and going to bed this late is similarly stupid.

4. With all that being said right there- I'm still having a lot of fun though. I'm going to miss those girls and I like the crew that they were getting together. I hope we don't ALL break up when they go. I like feeling like I have a crew :) Or at least nice, fun, good people that seem to genuinely like having me around. It's not too easy to come by. Not for me at least.

5. Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. :) good luck with the fast. you can do it.
    sorry about ashley vs. sidewalk incident. that really bites. i have fallen unexpectedly with cg in my hands but also with nothing both times it was over a baby gate so i landed on that. it hurt and hurts thinking about it. :/ I was telling some of my YSA girl friends about you yesterday (they go to the newly formed ysa ward) and they said you should visit and come to their ward. i'm just sayin'. fresh meat. :) lol.
    I hope you are feeling better. xo

    ReplyDelete