I... live in LA. My head isn't totally wrapped around it yet because I don't get to spend a ton of time here and I don't have a job/structured schedule that forces me to face real city life (aka traffic and public parking [I already know THEY SUCK! though]). Like, I don't have to leave my apartment much. And when I do, I'm only traveling down the road 2 miles to go see Kimball :)
I've really been enjoying being near Kimball. We have a lot of fun and he puts up with me ridiculously well and... what can I say- it's just really nice.
Today he took me on a whale watching trip in Newport Beach! It was so neat! Just a fun and "different" thing to do. We didn't see any whales but we saw 2 different kinds of dolphins. They are so interesting, the way they travel together so beautifully. The weather today was INCREDIBLE. All through southern California I think. I didn't need so much as a cardigan for the boat ride, which is AWESOME. Kimball even got sunburned! I feel bad for him. THEN! I went to Ikea!! For the FIRST TIME!!! It is amazing!! I could live there! Wow. I can't wait til i have an income.
Oh so speaking of which- I'm still babysitting back up at home and that's my only source of $$ and I'm starting to "hurt". I need to look better for jobs :( I definitely don't have any leads or whatever.
As far as being moved in, I have most all of my essential or favorite belongings here- I just REALLY want a bookshelf to put in my room. That's basically the last step. Until then I'm having to toss stuff in my storage bin in a very disorganized fashion.
And lastly I guess... my roommates. They're great! :)


perfect! this is what i wanted to know. jealous about the whale trip. sorry about kimballs sunburn. awesome about the nice weather (i threw snowballs at evan today in a scarf and jeans and hiking boots, lol). I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN TO IKEA! it's home away from home. i hope you ate in the awesome cafeteria too yo cause it's all swedish and stuff and CHEAP! ok, a book shelf... i'm gonna email you a blog where you make your own book shelf for a kids room but there is NO reason you can't adjust it for your own needs and do multiple. you will love it cause you can totally personalize it and you'll only need to get some supplies from a hardware store for under $5-$10.00 max! i just found it yesterday for ideas for one in Evans room and under the windowsill (wasted space usually cause many people have an air vent there here in the south east). anyway, i'm glad things with kimball are so great, tell him hi but i have nothing to say about gay mcribs ok? :) love you.
ReplyDeleteHaha Kimball saw your comment and laughed... then cried when he remembered that McRibs are unavailable again. I know- it's ridic i've never been to Ikea! and YESS!! I DID GO TO THE CAFETERIA! So glad. We got practically one of everything and it's so yummy and that hot dog is ridiculously good and espesh for 50 cents! Snowballs: i can't comprehend such things. ;) Sounds cute and fun :) Anyway do please send me that bookshelf info! Sounds cool!
ReplyDeleteAh yes L.A. traffic! I almost forgot what it was like leaving for work at 7:30 and arriving at my place of work 21 miles away at 9. I'm excited for you, hope it all works out :)
ReplyDelete