Friday, June 4, 2010

Ashley scored tons of "new" music.

The other night I went to a School of Seven Bells concert with my friend in LA, and then spent the night at my other friend's apartment down there so I wouldn't have to drive home late. Plus I was coming back the next day to go to the temple. Anyway, I spent... THE ENTIRE DAY sitting on the couch in my (awesome Mexican) nightgown, on one of the roommate's computers, checking my sister's blog for updates and doing other internetty things, but mostly going through all the girl's music and stealing it! Yay! Here's what I got:

Au Revoir Simone (2 albums), some Daft Punk remixes, Forest World (I never heard about him till Matt Hoffman mentioned him on his page) (3 [incomplete?] albums), Benny Benassi mixes album, Grizzly Bear (2 albums but one is all remixes I think), Bloc Party's Silent Alarm album remixes, Depeche Mode (2 albums), Gudrun Gut (never heard of it but I think I like it), Her Space Holiday (5 albums), Ra Ra Riot (3 albums), Yeah Yeah Yeahs (2 albums), one album each of the following: Massive Attack, Memory Tapes, Monsters of Folk, Passion Pit, Thieves Like Us, We Are Scientists, and YELLE!!

So all of those are basically things I've never had in my collection, or music I have and haven't listened to much but want to give it more of a chance. I also got LP4 by Ratatat (and I don't understand how people have this already because it's not released yet... but now I'm one of those people), and... don't judge me- decided to copy 808's and Heartbreak (Kanye) and the new Black Eyed Peas album :) haha. I was tempted but resisted getting some Rhianna.

Random crapola I'm happy to have.

1 comment:

  1. massive attack is one of those bands I feel like I should listen to and would probably like.

    ReplyDelete